PETZL REVERSO 4 BELAY DEVICE ORANGE
Ultra-light multipurpose belay/rappel device with braking adapted to different rope diameters and suppleness; Reverso mode.
This belay/rappel device is lightweight and easy to use. V-shaped friction channels, with asymmetrical side grooves, adapt the rope friction for better control (braking adapted to half, twin and single dynamic ropes). Reverso mode for belaying one or two seconds.
- minimalist construction
- hot-forged aluminum
- weight: 59 g (2 oz.)
A single device for all rope types:
- effective braking on half and twin ropes (7.5 mm or greater diameter)
- effective braking on single ropes (8.9 mm or greater diameter)
- can belay the leader, one or two seconds and can be used for rappelling
- independent and simultaneous belaying of two seconds in Reverso mode
- for swapping leads (team of 2), offers a quick transition from Reverso mode to belaying the leader
The V-shaped friction channels:
- give greater braking power on thin ropes
- adapt the braking power on larger diameter ropes
- increase the braking pressure on the ropes in Reverso mode
The asymmetric side grooves:
- increase the braking power for leader or top-rope falls, or while rappelling
- increase fluidity when taking up slack
Hole for releasing the device under load: allows a loaded device in Reverso mode to be easily and gradually released with only a carabiner
Rope friendly, facilitates rope maneuvers and rappelling:
- will not twist the ropes regardless of the mode used
- separates the two strands of rope when belaying and rappelling on two ropes
- Reverso mode aluminum attachment hole is easy to identify
- keeper cable keeps the device from moving up the rope when belaying and reduces risk of losing the device
- usage diagrams (standard belay and Reverso modes) engraved on device
Use with symmetrical locking carabiners (Am’D or WILLIAM) to maximize efficiency
Weight: 59 g (2 oz.)
Rope compatibility: - for half ropes (8 mm or greater diameter) and twin ropes (7.5 mm or greater diameter) and on single ropes (8.9 mm or greater diameter).
Material(s): hot forged aluminum body
Activities involving the use of this equipment as a component of a descent or fall protection system
are inherently dangerous.
You are responsible for your own actions, decisions and safety.
Before using this equipment, you must:
- Read and understand all instructions for use.
- Get specific training in its proper use.
- Become acquainted with its capabilities and limitations.
- Understand and accept the risks involved.
Failure to heed any of these warnings may result in severe injury or death.
This product must only be used by competent and responsible persons, or those placed under the direct and visual control of a competent and responsible person.
Contact the International Window Cleaners Association (IWCA) for the Safety Standard for Window Cleaners, IWCA I-14.1-2000 and safety certification programs. You should also refer to local safety standards as they can differ from the IWCA I-14.1-2001.
Rope Access and Fall Protection equipment are not returnable nor refundable.